Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Big 2-1!


March 24, 2011 – My 21st Birthday!  The big day was finally here.  A big shout out to Joleen, our politics professor, who assigned us a 15-page paper that was to be due my birthday.  Thank you Joleen…I started that paper on Sunday and worked on it whenever I had the chance to.  Wednesday night was pretty crazy in itself.  Everyone was busy at work right after dinner.  At midnight we all took a break and everyone came to sing me “Happy Birthday” which was a nice surprise.  

Set up camp in my bedroom for writing our papers.
At 5:30 in the morning I decided to go to bed and get a couple hours of sleep in.  Woke up at 8:30 am, finished at noon.  Had to go to school to turn it in.  The one good part about the paper was that we didn’t have class because of it – woo hoo!

Came home and was on cloud nine.  Not only was it my birthday, but it was our first weekend to stay back in Port Elizabeth.  We had 3 ½ full days of absolutely no responsibilities and nothing to do.  It was going to be an amazing weekend.  I started off my birthday day with a nap and tanning session on the roof.  The weather was perfect.  My roommates surprised me with flowers and a chocolate mousse birthday cake – yum.  

The beautiful set up that CoCo de Mer did for me on my birthday!
Then we started getting ready for dinner.  I made reservations at a new restaurant called CoCo de Mer.  It was the first time that all 29 of us all went out to eat together and everyone got super dressed up – we were looking good!  CoCo de Mer was so much fun.  My waiter Fran was a riot, he picked out the perfect drink for me – a Red Bull Long Island Iced Tea.  It was so good.  I had chicken le cordon bleu for dinner.  Another good choice.  

Got my new birthday dress in South Africa and thanks to Britney for cutting my bangs! :)
After dinner we got ready to go out to the dance club called Balizza that we go to every Thursday night.  It was a fun night with good music, good dancing and good friends.  I am so thankful to have spent my 21st birthday in South Africa with our group.  These people mean so much to me and I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday.

Me and my roommates - Hannah, Steph, Bri & Christne.  Flat 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment